Friday 15 August 2014

My trip to the grocery store.

I messed up my first trip to the grocery store. I went when I had actual shopping to do. I should have gone just to observe, with no goal in mind. Next time.
Here are some random observations from my trip.

Grocery stores are the same world wide. Food is arranged in aisles, one walks up and down with a cart. Fairly simple...except when:

                             A) One does not recognize the food:

Fresh Dates--I asked 

B) The store does not seem to be organized in any fashion that makes sense:

Why is the tuna next to the pineapple? ( is this an aisle devoted to canned goods?)

C) One doesn't know what size to buy:

The jar on the right is normal size..the jar on the left..I truly don't know what that is about. Its the size of a large toaster oven--or, the size of a bread box. Who needs that much Nutella. Ever? 

D) Food names are switched up:
No wonder we cant get along!! We don't call our squashes by the same thing! Perhaps unity should start by common squash names? ie Butternut squash ( left)  and Spaghetti Squash ( right)

E. One does not know one's countries:

The photo does not show the lettuce, but it's below the sign. If one didn't know that Jordan was a country--chaos would reign.

F. One does not comparison shop:

The Squash on the left, would be about 2$ a kg. Probably about 4$ for one  squash. That's probably because they are from Egypt. 

However, if one buys local squash, you can get a whole BOX containing about 5 squash for 5$ish.




I know right?? Exciting stuff!! 










                                                                                                                                                               



No comments:

Post a Comment