Wednesday 25 June 2014

To blog or not to blog?

Honestly, I have mixed opinions about the whole blog concept. I even hate the word " blog". It is not one of those words that roll of the tongue like...'slippery' or 'slick'. The word 'blog", if said out loud sounds harsh and the  movement the mouth makes, if said in slow motion, is almost like one is going to throw up. 
Try saying it in slow motion....bllllloooogggggggggg. Not Pretty.



Woman Tongue

Writing a blog also seems narcissistic and self-centered. " Hey world, look at me, look how important and exciting I think I am." 
To continue with the confession...to be honest, when someone says they have a blog I roll my eyes. I might even smirk a little bit. It's true. 

So, where do I get off writing my own ummmm blog and encouraging you, dear reader ( person of 1 who goes by the name of Mom) to read it? Good question.
What I have determined is that writing about ones experiences, validates the experience. Perhaps writers write more for themselves, than for the world. Who reads this anyway, but me? 
As one writes, thoughts flow from feelings, feelings that otherwise might have been hidden. It is cathartic.
In addition it saves repeating the same email to friends and family about what 'life is like in Kuwait, really?" 
Emails can be written more about feelings, thoughts  and more personal matters and less about the market experience. ( which, I hear is a typical experience of market shopping in Asian countries....ya gotta walk away)



So...i just want you to know, that I know how pretentious and annoying 'bloggers' are. I dont want to be one of those people. I am writing this for me...it is my experience, documented. Perhaps I will read it on my deathbed, look back at this time, and smile. 
If you happen to stumble upon it, and you get anything from it at all, that's just honey on the Kodafa Cake. 

2 comments:

  1. Great post! You are making me think about starting a blog about nothing, for no one, but me, to validate me.... Nancy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try it and see, Nancy. Committing something to writing, and putting it on the interrnettts is a kind of confessional. Interesting. Laura

      Delete