Sunday 22 June 2014

Endings are Beginnings

I have moved 14 times in the past 35 years. Is that a lot? It seems like a lot. Each move though has been wrapped up with a new dream, a new adventure, a growth. I quite enjoy the packing up process, it's the actual moving day that I hate. 



I love the packing up process because there is something very cathartic about throwing stuff out. I can happily get rid of stuff without a backward glance. There have been some things though, that I shed quite a few tears over: my daughter's swing that was lovingly crafted by her dad,  a crazy drawing of a 'turtle-donkey', a broken dish. And there have been some other things that I quite happily discarded: my 'fat' jeans, old course notes, bank statements. But with each bag of garbage that was filled, I was one step closer to the next dream. That 'new chapter' feeling ebbs out the bittersweet moments of lost time, lost dreams, lost relationships. 
Generally speaking moving though, really isn't that bad. Honest. I highly recommend it. 
Thursday morning,  June 19th, 2014, I said goodbye to my condo, and moved out. Before the door is closed for the final time though, each room gets its moment. I stop at the doorway and remember the happy moments, the emotion, the feelings tied up with each room. It's an important part of the 'goodbye' process: the remembering. 
Not acknowledging the closure and the goodbye is a mistake, and results in a feeling of 'unfinished business' and is regretful. Trust me...take the time. 
So, goodbyes all done, I loaded up the last suitcase into the car, handed over the keys--and moved into my moms, temporarily. 





Now that the move is over, I am feeling free-er, happy and I am looking ahead. Exciting times ahead. 
As things would have it, and because life is just like that, on the morning of the move, I got an email from my boss it had photos attached of my new apartment in Kuwait. 


living room...don't know who the kid is, but I wonder if he comes with apt? 

Kitchen is very small...but that means, obviously, less cooking. 



View isn't bad..Wonder who lives there?

Endings are beginnings. Things are going to be just fine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment