Monday 21 July 2014

Countdowns

I said my first goodbye yesterday. Not going to lie, it was tough. Saying goodbye and everyone going back to their same, familiar territory is one thing--but saying goodbye when one is going off into the unknown is another story completely. 
Three weeks from today, I fly out into that unknown. I am not ambivalent about it--I know that I want to do this, and I know that its going to be just fine--but, that doesn't mean it's not hard to say goodbye, or to take stock of the choices one makes in life. My family has asked me if I am scared about going...my answer is always 'No', and that is the truth-I am not scared about going. I am good at what I do, and will learn my new job quickly. I am used to new situations, and will adapt quickly as well, so no I am not 'scared' of going. 
I am however, very cognizant of the fact that the whole experience feels a bit surreal. Maybe it will sink in when I am there, and unpacked and sit in my new apartment and think--'right, now what?'. Who knows--but yep, goodbyes are hard. That's all I got. 

No comments:

Post a Comment